It is sometimes difficult to find the best bleach cream for dark skin or black skin. We all know very well that the people who have dark skin have the problem of pigmentation.
The problem of pigmentation is so irritating that many skincare products cater to people with light skin.
Read also: 5 Best Skin Bleaching Soap for fast result / 5 Best Skin Bleaching Soap for fast result
Normally, the girls and ladies who have a darker skin tone go for the skin bleaching creams.
This may happen because sometimes their face is darker than the neck and arms.
Also, the ladies who have dark spots on their cheeks can try the bleaching cream to lighten the dark spots.
Keep this thing in mind that we get dark skin due to too much sun exposure.
So along with spending money on the skin bleaching creams, you must also avoid going out in the sun.
However, if you have to go out in sunlight, then make sure that you are using the sunblock cream and cover your face and hands.
People also go for bleaching creams because sometimes the skin whitening creams did not work on their skin.
It does not mean that all the whitening creams are not good, but there may be a difference in the ingredients and the cream’s effectiveness on one’s skin.
The skin whitening creams are also good because they moisturize the skin and keep your skin softer.
What is Hydroquinone?
Hydroquinone is the ingredient used in skin whitening creams. The good effect of hydroquinone in whitening cream is that it whitens the skin in less time.
It is still considered a harmful ingredient, especially for the dark skin people who have higher pigmentation.
According to different experts, you should not use hydroquinone for a longer period because it is dangerous for your skin.
Even though hydroquinone is not as dangerous as mercury and powerful steroids.
What is skin bleaching?
To reduce the prominence of skin discoloration, people undergo skin bleaching as it is a cosmetic treatment.
Skin bleaching is also used for making the skin even tone.
In the market, many kinds of high-quality bleaching creams are present.
But if you have any doubts about the best bleaching cream, you can read this article to have enough knowledge about bleaching creams.
It is sometimes risky when you apply the skin lightener on your entire body to change your complexion.
How does Skin Lightening work?
The main purpose of skin lightening skin bleaching cream is not to bleach your skin but to fade away the unwanted scars and spots.
This can be possible with skin bleaching cream, which reduces the amount of melanin in your skin.
As you all know, our skin has many different layers, and along with all these layers, there is a layer called the basal layer.
This basal layer makes the outer skin layer. In this basal layer, melanocytes are present, which is responsible for producing melanin.
So basal layers transport the melanosomes, which are the cells that contain the pigment. So due to this melanin, we get the skin color.
In the melanosomes, an enzyme is presently called tyrosinase, which is responsible for melanin production.
Keep this thing in mind that hyperpigmentation is caused by this enzyme, which produces melanin.
How to prevent hyperpigmentation?
To prevent the hyperpigmentation, there are many skin lightening products and skin bleaching creams that are specially formulated to inhibit the tyrosinase enzyme.
So the skin lightening products have tyrosinase inhibitors in them for the people with hyperpigmentation.
Many people who have dark skin usually use these products to prevent hyperpigmentation, as it is very easy for them.
Skin bleaching creams are not permanent
Keep this thing in mind that skin bleaching creams are not permanent, where you will get your original skin color after some time.
But you can maintain it by using the skin bleaching cream after some time.
But do not use it too frequently because it is dangerous for your skin and makes your skin prone to different skin diseases.
Usually, black people have hyperpigmentation, and ultimately they will go for skin bleaching creams to prevent hyperpigmentation.
Effects of skin bleaching creams
Along with reducing the hyperpigmentation, skin bleaching creams also reduce the discoloration and even tone the skin.
Moreover, it also eliminates the blemishes as well as lessens the dark spots. The good thing about skin bleaching cream is that you do not require medical procedures or treatment.
The creams target discoloration areas such as age spots and pigmentation from acne breakouts to bruising.
Reduce melanin production
Skin bleaching cream or skin lightening cream are the best ones because they can reduce the melanin pigmentation on a particular area of the skin.
They are also considered the best products used for a limited period.
Retaining the natural color:
Even if you purchased the expensive skin lightening creams, you would not become white after using it.
The reason is that these creams improve your skin tone as natural black color is not going anywhere. You should not expect more from these creams. But still, they have many benefits from anti-aging properties to radiant skin.
Protection from harsh UV rays:
Many people want that cream, which keeps their skin healthy, radiant, and protected from harsh UV rays.
- Unfortunately, we live in that world full of environmental problems such as dust pollution and its UV rays from the sun.
- These things cause skin problems such as hyperpigmentation, discoloration, tanning, etc.
- So if we spend a lot of time out in the sun, we should try those skin brightening creams that protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- It is a general trend seen in the skin brightening cream that it is a high-quality cream and has a UV protection feature.
- Along with the UV protection, the creams also nourish the skin and make it even tone and brighter and shinier.
- You will be amazed to know that 67% of the bleaching creams are used by the Black African Americans who want to reverse their skin tanning.
However, on the other hand, 33% is used by other people who have a darker tone and are specially used in the summer season.
Buying guide for purchasing the best bleach cream
You must keep in mind certain factors before purchasing the skin brightening cream or skin bleaching cream.
First of all, you have to consider your skin type and which type of skin you have.
The reason is that if you purchase the wrong product, then ultimately it will cause a lot of problems such as irritation and redness.
For example, suppose you have sensitive skin. In that case, you must avoid hydroquinone in a particular product because it will cause a severe type of irritation, itching, and redness.
So the people with sensitive skin must go for hypoallergenic creams then the other ones.
Considering the ingredient list of bleaching cream, especially for the black skin, is very important.
You can see the ingredient list printed on the box of the product, or it is also present in the form of the product description written on the page.
That page is present inside the box. However, usually, the ingredient list is present on the box. So have a look at them and then decide to purchase it
There are many chemicals present in these creams which can cause reactions in allergy.
So you must have some knowledge about these types of ingredients you are looking for and which one you are avoiding.
According to many dermatologists and scientists, it is not safe to go in the sun after applying the skin bleaching cream.
In some of the bleaching creams, you will get the ingredients that protect yourself from harmful UV rays. So you must go for those creams which also protects you from harsh UV rays.
Also, keep in mind that you are selecting that product that has a broad-spectrum sunscreen. You can also go for that bleaching cream which allows the sunscreen after use.
If the particular ingredient is not present in your bleaching cream, you must use sunscreen before going out. It can cause hyperpigmentation and tanning if you are not using it.
1-Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
Dr. Jart ceramide cream is a lightweight cream that also moisturizes the skin.
- It is lightweight because it has microcapsule ceramides which hydrate the skin barrier from within.
- So this is the best one in preventing chronic water loss. Dr. Jart is also famous for keeping your skin away from dryness and roughness.
- As a result, you will get the plumped skin, which is the dream of every girl.
- It will retain the moisture on your face for 24 hours.
- The good thing about the cream is that it also enhances the skins’ natural strength and function for smoother, softer skin.
- Fortunately, it does not contain any kinds of sulfates, phthalates, or parabens. Moreover, the product is dermatologically tested and is safe to use without any side effects.
- This cream is available to use a squeeze bottle, which is the preferred to use for the users.
- Moreover, it also has a small plastic glider that fits the bottles and helps in the easy movement of moisturizer for use.
- You can also use this stunning cream as a moisturizer. However, it is also safe to use in the summer season.
The good thing is that the cream is retaining the moisture which you want.
It is also the best one in reducing the amount of melanin and removing the scars and blemishes. It is also helpful in making the skin even tone.
Pros and Cons Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
- Favorable for dry skin
- Goes a long way
- Also helpful for sensitive skin without any side effects
- Affordable cream
- Also effective for eczema-prone skin
- Give you effective results in slight much time.
2-IMAGE Skincare Iluma Intense Brightening Serum
Image skincare iluma is an intense brightening serum because it contains high-quality ingredients such as citrus unishu peel extract,
- rumex extract
- leaf extract
- green tea extract
- and other important ingredients.
- The serum is also good for sensitive skin and helpful in diminishing the blemishes and dark spots.
- The serum is also an effective one in retaining moisture on the skin. Fortunately, it is a quick-absorbing serum that targets the redness as well as the discoloration.
- It does not cause any kind of side effects as well as helpful in brightening the skin. You can use the cream without any worry of getting irritated.
- The cream is also the good one in protecting the skin from sun damage. So you can also use this serum before going outside in the sun.
- This serum contains citrus-based brighteners and bioavailable vitamin C, which improve the look of the dark spots.
- Vitamin C is also a very important ingredient to serve as an anti-aging agent. In the serum, azelaic acid is present, which exfoliates the skin and gives it a more even tone.
- It is based on vectorized technology, which means that it has age-defying ingredients into the skin to increase the efficacy.
The people who do not want hydroquinone in the skin bleaching cream can go for this serum as a hydroquinone-free product.
Pros and Cons IMAGE Skincare Iluma
- Contains fruit extract and leaf extract
- Rejuvenate the skin
- Helps in preventing hyperpigmentation
- Illuminate the appearance of discoloration
- Do not cause any kind of irritation.
- According to someone’s review, it does not have attractive packaging, but it is still an amazing formula.
2-IMAGE Skincare The Max Stem Cell cream
Image skincare is the max stem cell cream that contains high-quality ingredients in it.
- The ingredients include Malus Domestica fruit cell culture, Vigna radiata extract, Leontopodium Alpino meristem cell culture, and much more.
- It is a max stem cell cream that helps correct the visible signs of damage and reduce the look of facial lines.
- It is because it contains a peptide powder that retains the moisture on the skin. It is usually recommended to apply the cream in the evening time.
- Also, apply it after washing your face with a good face wash. It is a multi-action repair cream that usually targets the prominent signs of aging and makes it more rejuvenate.
- Now, you can get the youthful-looking appearance of the skin and look younger.
- Fortunately, we can also call it that it is a moisture-rich formula that makes the skin more healthy with the plant’s stem cells and features corrective peptides.
- So it is an amazing formula that does not reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on the skin and is very helpful in getting the firmness of the skin again.
So actually, the cream’s formulation is based on the plant stem cell technology, which helps in fighting against the visible signs of aging.
So you will be able to get the revitalized skin as the cream is famous for prolonged effectiveness.
Pros and Cons IMAGE Skincare The Max Stem Cell cream
- Reduce the appearance of sun damage
- Max stem cell cream
- Multi-action repair formula
- Also moisture-rich formula
- Get the even tone skin.
- Some people complain about the redness on the skin, but it depends on the skin type. So overall, it is a good cream.
4-Obagi Medical Nu-Derm Clear Fx Skin Brightening Cream
Obagi Medical Nu-Derm clear Fx is skin brightening cream that contains high quality and effective ingredients required for the brightening of the skin.
- It contains cetyl alcohol, glycerine, sodium lauryl sulfate, lactic acid, butylparaben, methylparaben, propylparaben, and much more.
- Obagi cream is good for dry skin as well as normal skin.
- Fortunately, it comes with a grade formulation because it contains arbutin, which enhances the skin’s appearance to look brighter and fresh.
- So you will be able to get clear skin because it helps reduce the dark spots and reveal the younger, healthy-looking skin.
- As we all know, hydroquinone is harmful to some people’s skin, so this cream is the amazing one because it does not contain hydroquinone.
- However, this cream takes some time to give the best results because, in some creams, hydroquinone is present to get effective results in less time.
- But hydroquinone has side effects, so you must go for this amazing bleach cream because it does not have any side effects and give you the long-term result.
- The cream is also dermatologically tested and does not cause any kind of side effects even if you have sensitive skin.
So it is favorable for sensitive skin because it contains all the ingredients appropriate for that particular skin.
Pros and Cons Obagi Medical Nu-Derm Clear Fx Skin
- Enhance the appearance of the skin
- Get the even tone skin.
- Effective anti-aging cream
- Give you an amazing brightness and clear skin.
- Also helpful in prevention against hyperpigmentation
- Does not contain hydroquinone
- Obagi Medical is a costly cream.
5-Obagi Medical Hydrate Luxe Moisture-Rich Cream
Obagi medical hydrate luxe is a moisture-rich cream that contains all the healthy ingredients such as glycerine glyceryl stearate, avocado oil, hydrolyzed soybean fiber, sterols, sodium stearoyl glutamate, and much more.
- The cream is favorable for the dry as well as the sensitive skin.
- It is a non-comedogenic facial moisturizer. You can use this cream for overnight to get the long-lasting moisturization.
- It is famous for giving amazing protection to the skin because it contains biomimetic peptides that restore its healthiness.
- Moreover, the cream is effective against premature aging and hyperpigmentation.
- As we all know, hyperpigmentation is a common problem for black people, so if you are one of them, you can try this amazing formula because it will prevent you from hyperpigmentation.
- It will give you long-lasting hydration with innovative technology and ingredients.
- Along with hyperpigmentation, it also prevents you from sun damage and creates a more even skin tone. It is very helpful in finding the dark spots.
- Consequently, it does not contain hydroquinone and helps minimize the imperfections caused by melasma, acne, or sun damage.
- It is a high-quality cream that helps promote healthy cell production to give you a more radiant appearance.
If you use this cream for a longer time, it will gradually improve the overall look of your skin and remove the dark spots and discoloration.
Pros and Cons Obagi Medical Hydrate Luxe
- Contains high-quality ingredients in it.
- Non-irritating and non-comedogenic
- Saturates the skin with moisture
- Accelerates the skin radiance
- Comes with a great scent
- According to some people, the cream does not have more scent, but you cannot beat it effectively
FAQs for Best Bleach Cream for Black Skin
Are the effects of skin lightening creams permanent?
Unfortunately, the skin bleaching creams are not permanent, but skin bleaching is still used worldwide both by men and women.
Through skin bleaching creams, melanin content in the skin is reduced. So when melanin content is reduced, and ultimately the skin becomes lighter.
Not only the melanin content but also people use bleaching creams for lightening the scars and spots.
Keep this thing in mind that you are not getting rid of the melanin permanently as the melanin production in the skin again starts up by melanin-producing cells called melanocytes.
Is using a skin bleaching cream safe?
You must look into the ingredients before purchasing the skin bleaching cream.
This is because, in many bleaching creams, the active ingredient is present, especially the mercury.
Keep this thing in my that mercury is very toxic and can cause neurological, psychiatric, and kidney problems.
According to different doctors, pregnant women should not use bleaching cream, which contains mercury as it has the danger of passing to the unborn child. Ensure that the bleaching cream should not have any side effects such as itching, redness, and swelling.
Is it possible to bleach the dark skin?
Yes, you can bleach the dark skin but not too much. Many dermatologists do not recommend using skin lightening products for dark skin people.
This is because it may cause hyperpigmentation. Pregnant women should also not use skin bleaching or skin lightening creams.
Which type of ingredients is present in skin lightening creams?
Many types of ingredients are present in skin lightening creams such as retinol, Vitamin C, Arbutin, kojic acid, and hydroquinone. Ensure that if your skin is sensitive, you must not use that cream, which contains hydroquinone in it.
What is hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a kind of skin condition in which the skin becomes more darkened than usual. It is usually caused by sun damage or melasma.
Is there an alternative to hydroquinone?
Yes, there are many alternatives to hydroquinone, such as bearberry extract, yogurt, oranges, honey, aloe vera, Mulberry, lemon, glutathione, and lactic acid glycolic acid, Niacinamide, azelaic acid, kojic acid, licorice, root extract, etc.
Before purchasing the skin bleaching cream, you should know very well what your skin type is.
The products which I have explained above in this article are appropriate for the people with black skin.
Ensure that if you have skin allergies, you should go for that cream, which contains only the natural ingredient and devoid of hydroquinone.
You should also prefer that cream with sunscreen compatibility because it is more convenient and prevents your skin from exposing itself to the sun.
From my perspective, IMAGE Skincare Iluma Intense Brightening Serum is a great serum because it contains vitamin C and other useful ingredients necessary for making the skin hydrated and nourished.
Obagi Medical Hydrate Luxe is also good advice because it prevents your skin from hyperpigmentation.
Also, it keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized. This cream is also famous for avoiding the discoloration of dark skin from sun damage.
You must consider that this skin brightening is not permanent, but at the time, it will give you astonishing results.